During the spring and summer terms of the first year of the project, all department heads and teaching staff at the University of Roehampton and Carshalton College participated in Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
The workshops provided a forum to work with colleagues to:
- Stimulate discussion and debate
- Create a safe space for deliberation and expression
- Enable staff to engage with student voices on issues related to race attainment and assessment
- To foreground programme by programme attainment data
- To collaboratively create local solutions to address local needs
- To help departments produce an action plan and targets to address their identified issues.
Staff at Queen Mary University of London who attended its Learning and Teaching conference in 2019, took part in a ‘building the anti-racist classroom’ session as part of the event. This workshop has also been run at Roehampton and at several HEIs in London and the South East.
Below are links to some of the materials used.