These masterclasses were run for students in partnership with student consultants in response to student feedback.
They set out to:
- Address student areas of concern around assessment
- Share good practice around assessment with students
- Allow student consultants to act as role models
Assessment masterclasses were run on three topics:
- Decoding Your Assessment Criteria
- Understanding and Using Your Feedback
- Going Up A Grade
All sessions were delivered during the lunch break with pizzas to entice student to attend (see posters below). The sessions were interactive, with current assessment criteria and examples of feedback used.
All sessions were well attended, each one better than the last due to word of mouth, social media promotion and feedback on the content and usefulness, which attracted positive feedback from students. All the sessions were targeted at BAME students, but were open to all.